Microsoft Works 2000

windowpane 17:03 12 Jul 05

My operating system is windows 98se,my computer suffered a virus trojan spyware smitfraud c. which a colleage managed to clear for me, not being pc wise, I find that when I go to use works in the letters mode "create letters for styles/templates. all I get is the following dialoge box headed in red{Microsoft visual C~~ Runtime library. within the box is the following prefixed by a round circle with white cross in the middle. then the message runtime error! Program C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT WORKS\MSWORKS.EXE
below is the message abnormal program termination. and the ok box which we clicked comes up with another box MS WORKS this program has performed an illegal operation, when detais is clicked it states MS WORKS caused an invalid page fault in module wklnac at 0177:61fc79ad advice would be appreciated as to how to solve this one, this problem also extends with "letter" into the home publishing design& art 2000, all other parts of the program is behaving ok.

rawprawn 17:16 12 Jul 05

I would reinstall, it doesn't take 10 minutes

windowpane 17:20 13 Jul 05

Many thanks Rawprawn for your reply, not being very clued up in IT what programmes would I need to remove from the add/remove box for a clean install, as outlook express and internet explorer are listed in the tasks menu along with autoroute express, home publishing etc

rawprawn 07:59 14 Jul 05

You should find Microsoft Works 2000 listed in the add or remove programs. Remove that and reinstall. I do not use the program but I seem to remember it had a repair option, so before you uninstall completely put your disc in and click insstall and see if there is arepair option. If so try that, if it doesn't work uninstall as I suggested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…