Microsoft words problem.

alanstan 15:55 26 Sep 04

Can anyone please help me??, I am quite a novice on my pc and I have a problem when writing a letter on M/soft words 2002, when I have wrote about 10 lines I get a "run time error" come up on screen which then wipes off everything I have just wrote,
I was advised to uninstall M/soft words and reinstall but this has not worked....

VoG II 16:02 26 Sep 04

1) Try Help and Detect on the Help menu in Word.

2) If that doesn't work do a search (Start, Search) for the file normal.dot (Note: .doT not .doc). You will have to enable searching for hidden files and folders to find it. In the search window, right click on normal.dot, select Rename and call it normal.old. Then try starting Word.

Graham ® 16:10 26 Sep 04

Afternoon VoG™

If that doesn't work, test your memory

click here

VoG II 16:12 26 Sep 04

1) Try Detect and Repair on the Help menu in Word.

Hello Graham ® !

alanstan 16:40 26 Sep 04

Thanks VOG And Graham, I will give both a try,
I did send a error report into M/soft and got a reply telling me that it was probable that when installing new soft ware I had unknowingly put "macro`s" in and these where causing a conflict and was told to disable them but i am not sure how i go about doing this so i would be grateful for any help,....

alanstan 16:40 26 Sep 04

Thanks VOG And Graham, I will give both a try,
I did send a error report into M/soft and got a reply telling me that it was probable that when installing new soft ware I had unknowingly put "macro`s" in and these where causing a conflict and was told to disable them but i am not sure how i go about doing this so i would be grateful for any help,....

VoG II 16:51 26 Sep 04

click here may help you.

Graham ® 16:54 26 Sep 04

To see if you have any macros, look in Word, Tools, Macro, Macros. If there are any, delete them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…