Microsoft Word XP border art

fitshase 21:43 01 May 03

I am trying to create a page in Word which has a border of birds for my girlfriend. She wants to use at the sheets at her school school for her students to use on a project about birds.

There are no birds on the border art and was just wondering if you can add to the border art library with your own images?

I am going to create this page just by inserting pictures as she needs them tomorrow, but for future reference, I would like to know as I could build up a library for her.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Fitshase

fitshase 22:40 01 May 03

Did some digging on Microsoft's site and came up with this page:-

click here

(Q) Can I add custom border art to the border designs that ship with Word?

(A) No. The border art is stored as a collection of designs in a *.bdr file in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Borders subfolder.

These images are not available in individual graphics formats such as Windows Metafile (WMF), Tag Image File Format (TIFF), or other graphics formats. In addition, you cannot insert these images into a Word document by inserting from a file (on the Insert menu, point to Picture, and click From File).

Does anyone know of a way around it or am I stuck with adding pictures manually and saving loads of documents to build a library?

regards

Fitshase

-pops- 22:54 01 May 03

Do you have to use M$?

I remember using Serif Page Plus (or Draw Plus) some time ago which had many, many borders in it. I've seen that one of the Serif programs is being given away as a cover disk somewhere. Might be worth a look.

Brian

fitshase 23:01 01 May 03

I'm afraid I have to use MS Office. I either use the computer at home (my Dad's) or my work laptop. Both run MS Office and I have no say in the matter.

Also, my girlfriend uses MS Office and would not change for anything. I was hoping that, if there was a way to add borders, I could add some to hers and she can make the pages whenever she wanted.

Cheers for the advice though.

Regards

Fitshase

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…