Microsoft Word on Windows ME.

Meshuga 19:12 14 Mar 03

While I was using Win98 I always used microsoft word for typing letters. Since a friend has installed win ME I cannot find the Word prog,
neither can I find any downloads that are ME compatible. Has anyone any knowledge as to whether word is available for ME and how or where
I can get it. At the moment I am having to use
Wordpad which does not have all the facilities
of MS Word. Regards, Meshuga.

Terrahawk 19:15 14 Mar 03

did your freind install microsoft office as word is assciated with that package

€dstow 19:16 14 Mar 03

Word 97 and later versions are quite compatible with ME.

€d

VoG™ 19:18 14 Mar 03

Did your Win98 'puter come with Word pre-installed and your "friend" reformatted and installed Windows ME? If so you've "lost" Word unless your PC came with a recovery disk that reverts to factory settings (in which case you'll be back to W98).

There are free alternatives like OpenOffice.

flecc 19:31 14 Mar 03

A very compact ME compatible program which handles Word's .doc files is Abbyyword, and it's free which is a benefit:-

click here

In addition there's the OpenOffice.org program that VOG mentions. This is so big that it's best loaded from a magazine cd, many have carried it recently.

Meshuga 19:48 14 Mar 03

many thanks to all who have responded. I suspect that the original was lost as a new hard drive was fitted at the same time. I`ve checked out the
Abiword site suggested by flecc or see if I can get hold of the disk for OpenOffice suggested
by VoG. Thanks to you all.Don`t know what us novices would do without you. Regards, Meshuga.

flecc 19:53 14 Mar 03

If you think you'd like to try OpenOffice and can't locate a CD, mail me using the envelope icon by my name and I'll send you a CD with it on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…