Microsoft Word Toolbar

Solartopi 21:10 11 Nov 06

Hi Folks,

I have a problem with my Microsoft word Toolbar.

The Style & Formatting Toolbar, when you Click the downarrow you get a whole list which shows - Clear Formatting, Normal, Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3 etc. I have lost all the Styles except what is mentioned above.

Can anyone please, please HELP me restore them back.

Thanks

Solartopi

Technotiger 21:38 11 Nov 06

Hi, I would suggest re-installing Word, this should cure it.

Cheers

Eric10 21:51 11 Nov 06

The styles are stored in the template that is in use when they are created. For a new page this is normal.dot and the default normal.dot just contains the styles you have listed. When problems occur in Word the usual advice is to rename or delete normal.dot and then a new default one is created when Word next starts. If you haven't done anything like this yourself then maybe Word has started using a new normal.dot for reason unknown.
You could try doing a search for normal.dot as there may be more than one on your computer. Make sure to set the search to look at hidden files. If you find multiple instances then you can double-click each in turn and see if any contain your lost styles. Reinstalling Word won't get them back as that will only create a new default template at best or leave the current one in place.

Solartopi 21:51 11 Nov 06

Technotiger,

Thanks. I shall do that

Solartopi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac