microsoft word taskbar flashes

bananaslik 08:14 08 Oct 03

hi it's my first post,recently i have noticed that when i open word & go to the file prompt & print the word top taskbar & word on the lower taskbar both flash & you can do nothing until you click on the lower taskbar then the print window appears.
I have done a full system sweep with norton anti-virus,it found a trojan & fixed the problem but word is still flashing could anyone help.I don't recall altering any settings & it's now starting to drive me crazy.

many thanks

Chris the Ancient 09:03 08 Oct 03

If you have a newer version of Word, try a 'detect and repair' under the help menu as a first stage. You'll need the original CD ready.

Chris

Taff36 09:25 08 Oct 03

I had something similar about a year ago. It affected Excel too but went away as soon as the printer driver was updated. Worth reloading the drivers if Chris`s tip doesn`t work.

graham√ 09:29 08 Oct 03

Could be connected to Norton AV. Try disabling it for a moment.

When the taskbar is flashing, minimize the window to see if something behind is waiting for your attention.

Jester2K II 09:32 08 Oct 03

What version Windows?

Jester2K II 11:44 08 Oct 03

Hi Jack i'm running windows millenium. Ok so it won't be what i thought...

(Who's Jack????)

graham√ 12:50 08 Oct 03

Email received 'Hi Graham,iv'e tried disabling norton-it had no effect.I tried to minimize but it would not let me.I have to right click on word on the bottom taskbar then the print box comes up.'

bananaslik, use the 'Add a new response' below to reply.

I'm sure this is a known problem, someone will come up with a solution!

Try using the 'Print' icon, or 'ctrl P', see if that makes a difference. Or make a small change in 'Page setup'.

graham√ 12:57 08 Oct 03

Found this click here

graham√ 12:59 08 Oct 03

This is a newer version click here

Taff36 13:04 08 Oct 03

Well done Graham - It was exactly a year ago, renewed my McAfee subscription today after a year and previously we used (guess What?) - Norton !! Probably a coincidence that we moved printers around at the same time and renewed drivers on machines.

bananaslik 13:17 08 Oct 03

hi,if i use the ctrl + p it works fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…