Microsoft Word - stretching lines

**nada** 00:31 30 Mar 03

I was wondering where the setting is in Microsoft Word to make my lines all finish at the same place on the right side if the page. At the moment, when I look down the right edge of a page of text, the lines go in and out. The setting I am looking for would make the edge of the text be in a straight line (by stretching the sentences to fit the lines).

Thank you in advance

mol01 00:37 30 Mar 03

You want "justifyed". Its on the default toolbar next to the left, centre and right align buttons. Or right click/paragraph and drop down the alignment box

-pops- 06:46 30 Mar 03

Try this:

Ctrl + j = Justified (as you asked for)

Ctrl + l = Left aligned

Ctrl + r = Right aligned

Ctrl + e = centred

also

Crtl + b = bold

Ctrl + i = italic

Ctrl + u = underlined

and

Ctrl + a = select all

Crtl + c = copy to clipboard

Ctrl + v = paste from clipboard

Try other Ctrl + letter combinations yourself to find less usual ones.

Brian

Andsome 09:12 30 Mar 03

Justified should be in the tool bar at the top of the page. It is a block of horizontal lines in the form of a small square. There is 'left align' 'centre', 'right align' and 'justify' a little to the right of B I and U. If they are not all there, you can juggle about with TOOLS and put them there. It has been some time since I set mine up, so I don't want to mess things up by trying to remember how I did this, maybe someone else has a better memory than I have.

Andsome 09:14 30 Mar 03

PS to the above. You have to highlight all that you want to justify first.

-pops- 09:27 30 Mar 03

If you use the Ctrl + a letter as I suggested, all subsequent text will be written as you asked until you alter it. There is no need to type first and adjust later, unless you want to, of course.

Brian

**nada** 11:32 30 Mar 03

thanks all, I didn't realise the answer was so easy! The button was looking me in the face.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…