Microsoft Word Problem

Neo_0147 18:54 13 Nov 03

Hi,

In a project i am doing I am using tables. But the problem is they don't fit. Normally the table would just carry on, on the next page but this trys to squeeze itself onto the page and now the table is right at the top of the page, it even goes over the header!!!!

Does anyone know how to get it back to normal so that once it gets to the end of the page it carries on on the next page.

Thanks for any help.

Neo_0147 19:21 13 Nov 03

refresh

jolorna 19:36 13 Nov 03

are you inserting what you want in your header before selecting table & how many cells are you creating

Neo_0147 19:45 13 Nov 03

yeh id created the header at the start of the document and as it does it puts a the same header on every page. The table is 7 columns and 8 rows.

jolorna 20:10 13 Nov 03

are you highlighting the first column and then going into table properties and specify row height you will also need to have your heading showing on your page to begin with

Neo_0147 20:47 13 Nov 03

the header is underneath the table, the table is just going right to the top of the page.

jolorna 21:11 13 Nov 03

im using word in office 2000, starting with a new document / page setup / set margins / view header and footer inset what you want / table insert table enter your columns & rows check set as default/ok / highlight your first column / table/table properties / rows/ check specify height / enter your row height / allow row to break across pages / check/ repeat as header row across pages click ok this is working for me, if it wont work for you all i can suggest is that you reinstall word

keith-236785 21:32 13 Nov 03

when you start a new page, before setting the table, press Enter to step down one line, then draw your table.

hopefully that should solve your problem.
don't know why the table takes over the top of the page but it does.

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…