microsoft word - printing docs with borders - help

Woodgnome 17:55 03 Oct 04

Can anybody please tell me what settings I need to ajust to overcome my bottom border being outside the printable area of the page, word will allow me to draw the borders on a page , but when in print preview it chops off the bottom border.
Many thanks.

VoG II 18:01 03 Oct 04

File/Page Setup, Margins tab. Increase the size of the bottom margin.

Woodgnome 18:35 03 Oct 04

Tried that already - the border still goes outside of the margin at the bottom

VoG II 18:37 03 Oct 04

Make sure paper size is set to A4. File/Page Setup, Paper tab.

whybe 18:43 03 Oct 04

If you have Word in print layout view it displays both horizontal and vertical rulers with greyed sections top and bottom indicating the extent of the page margins in page setup. If you ensure that both text and border is above the greyed section it should print correctly. Hope this helps.

Woodgnome 18:46 03 Oct 04

checked that as well - whist composing the document the layout is fine , it's not untilI go into print preview that the border goes outside the margin at the bottom - I read about a fix a while ago in an edition of pc advisor - but it's a very big pile I would have to go through !

Djohn 19:37 03 Oct 04

set your bottom margin to as small as your printer will allow, then.

File/page setup/Layout tab/Borders button/options button. You will find the default setting is "Measure from edge of page". Use the drop down menu and select "Measure from edge of Text". This should cure your problem.

I've just run a test page in word 2003 with a Canon i850 printer and the bottom line of the border has printed perfectly approximately half an inch up from the bottom of the page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…