Microsoft Word... Please help!

daniellabell 14:23 27 Dec 08

Hi, i'm not sure if anyone can help me but i will ask anyway!!
I used to own a Microsoft Word disc that i used to install word etc on my old laptop, my friend borrowed it and unfortunately, and much to my disappointment, has lost it.
I've recently bought a new laptop and as i go to university am constantly using these office packages so can't yet start doing my work until i get word, powerpoint etc on here!

Could anyone advise me a soultion or does anyone have a way of installing it, i'd be willing to pay!!!

Thankyou for taking the time to read this!

MAT ALAN 14:28 27 Dec 08

click here

Free alternative...good luck...

sidecar sid 14:36 27 Dec 08

As you are a student you may qualify for this.
click here

Pineman100 15:32 27 Dec 08

Mat Alan's recommendation is well worth going for. Open Office is completely free, and contains modules very similar to Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access, plus a drawing module.

All of the modules will open the equivalent Microsoft Office files, and you can save any file that you create in an Office-compatible format. So exchanging files with Microsoft Office is straightforward.

daniellabell 15:47 27 Dec 08

Thankyou very much for that, yes that does sound a really good option and thanks pineman100 for clearing up about exchanging files as that was something i was a bit put off it because of!

carver 15:49 27 Dec 08

Or try this and it's for up to 3 PC's

click here

But do try MAT ALAN suggestion, once you start using it it's quite good and best part as they say it's free.

carver 15:52 27 Dec 08

One other thing daniellabell if it's a new laptop with VISTA installed and thats an old copy of Microsoft Word it might not install any way.

Vista doesn't like old copy's of word

daniellabell 17:23 27 Dec 08

Thankyou all for your help!
Thanks also to sidecar sid for showing me that option, i've just received an email to say i do qualify and thats incredibly cheap compared to what i would have to pay otherwise!
So many options.....!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…