Microsoft word help needed please!

STEVE71163 17:33 01 Feb 03

I have office xp on my pc and when you used to click on word excel etc their was a tool bar (I guess thats what you call it) that came up on the right hand side showing you all documents etc and you could just click on what you wanted. How do you get it back on as it is quite useful?
Thanks

VoG™ 17:43 01 Feb 03

Do you mean the Office shortcut bar click here

jazzypop 17:52 01 Feb 03

Or do you mean View > Toolbars > Task Pane?

watchful 17:54 01 Feb 03

If it's the Task Pane you want, click on down-arrow beside toolbar options, top right and go to Customize. Under the Toolbars tab click Customize and then the options window comes up where you can put a tick in the box beside Task Pane.

STEVE71163 08:22 02 Feb 03

Thanks guys for replying. It is a box about 2" wide that runs down the right hand side (simular to this site). I have it their on excel,powerpoint etc but not word?

STEVE71163 08:32 02 Feb 03

watchful I have just done what you said and yes it is the task pane and yes it has worked but when i turn word off and come back it has dissapeared again. How do i make it come up each time i start word? Thanks for your help!

watchful 08:36 02 Feb 03

Hi Steve,
At the very bottom of that panel there should be a tick in a box which says 'show at start-up'.

STEVE71163 08:40 02 Feb 03

Thanks for replying watchful. Yes i saw that and it is ticked but it still does not come up at start?

watchful 08:43 02 Feb 03

That's funny, mine comes up. I'll have another search.

watchful 08:46 02 Feb 03

On the main menu bar at the top. select View and make sure there is a tick in the box for Task Pane.
Hope that does it.

STEVE71163 08:48 02 Feb 03

Thanks watchful I just unticked the box and was going to turn word off then turn back on and re tick the box but now task pane does not even come up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos