Microsoft Word 'fixed' on screen to paste to?

LAP 10:55 27 Nov 06

My wife would like to cut and paste items from the 'web' into Microsoft Word as well as type in bits as well. At present as soon as she clicks back to the 'web' page the M/Word page drops to the TaskBar.

Is there anyway she can keep both fixed to the work top so she can work on them at the same time?
Thank you.

Fellsider 11:00 27 Nov 06

I don't know if I'm reading this wrong but...

If you select text on a web page, copy it (mouse right click, select copy) then maximize Word and 'paste', the text will appear in your word doc.

Why would you need both programs maximised?

LAP 11:04 27 Nov 06

Fellsider, thanks for reply. Your are reading it right.

My fault, she wants to see half of each screen and work between the two without keep fishing for M/Word from the TaskBar.

Taff™ 11:06 27 Nov 06

Use the "Restore Down" button (between the minimise and close button at the top right of each window) and resize each window by dragging the edges and place them side by side or one on top of the other across the screen.

I prefer to do as Fellsider suggests but I use the ALT key and TAB key to switch between screens quickly after copying to paste.

VoG II 11:11 27 Nov 06

Tile them click here

LAP 11:12 27 Nov 06

Thanks Taff™ so I take it that there is not an option to keep a reduced page of M/Word and a 'web' page on the screen at the same time?

LAP 11:17 27 Nov 06

Thanks VoG™ looks exactly what shes wants if both screens stay in place. But how do I do it?

VoG II 11:24 27 Nov 06

As Taff™ described - Use the "Restore Down" button (between the minimise and close button at the top right of each window) and resize each window by dragging the edges and place them side by side or one on top of the other across the screen.

Taff™ 11:30 27 Nov 06

Still think the ALT+TAB is the easiest though. Try it using you left thumb and middle finger, releasing the keys immediately to switch backwards and forwards between two open maximised windows.

Using the method I described you will end up scrolling in both windows to see a full view.

LAP 11:35 27 Nov 06

VoG™ & Taff™ Thanks very much. Could not see the wood for the trees. It has now sunk in and my mission thanks to you completed as you suggested. Wife now happy. Thanks again.

Les 11:36 27 Nov 06

Another method, equally effective, is to load Word (with the web page already occupying the full screen) and then right click on the taskbar and select Tile Windows vertically (or horizontally) as you wish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…