Microsoft Word fails with Yahoo messenger

Mr Jarndyce 07:04 24 Oct 04

Now this is strange… Microsoft Word crashes/fails to respond when I am in Yahoo chat through messenger… System resources monitor shows ample memory when both are used. I’ve re installed Microsoft Word and Messenger twice, yet still cannot use Word - it halts and fails to respond when I’m in chat through yahoo messenger. Any idea what could be happening here? Thank you for your time.

Valvegrid 07:31 24 Oct 04

Ti's a strange one. I'm doing a bit of sideways thinking on this one, the only possible connection I can think of is Internet Explorer. I know the MS office packages require IE to be install for it to work, I'm wondering if yahoo messenger also require IE for it to work as well, which may cause a conflict. So it might worth trying a repair of IE, to do that go to Control Panel then Add/Remove programs and click on Remove IE and when the three options appear, select repair.

Even if I'm wrong, it won't hurt to try.

Mr Jarndyce 10:34 24 Oct 04

Thank you Valvegrid for your reply I've tried a repair using sfc /scannow but no luck.
I'm running XP Home SP2 installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…