Microsoft Word cd- How do install?

buel 21:29 26 May 09

Hi, iv installed xp on a brand new h.d for a friend, i have now come accross some cds called 'Works' and a cd called 'Microsoft Word xp/2000' and has a 'Focus' emblem on the cd and when i try to load it i just get a web page come up that takes me through a tutorial!!
Is 'Word' part of the works cds and is this a supplementary cd please?

Sea Urchin 21:47 26 May 09

Microsoft Works is a package containing a Word Processor, and Spreadsheet and Database programs. Microsoft Word is the Word Processor element of Microsoft Office.

However, your "Word" CD looks like it is only a tutorial and not the program.

bluto1 22:17 26 May 09

The "Word" CD is most certainly a tutorial. "Focus" turned out a lot of these tutorials a few years back. I don't know for sure, but they may still be doing so.

The other is as Sea Urchin said, and is the one to use.

Strawballs 01:09 27 May 09

Or install Open Office 3 totally free and compatable with word.

click here=

Sea Urchin 09:04 27 May 09

Don't use the top three sponsored sites on Strawballs' link - they are marked as unsafe. If you want to download Open Office you could use

click here

Andsome 09:15 27 May 09

I have looked at open Office, and the only problem that i can see is that it does not have an equivalent to PUBLISHER. I am therefor sticking with Office 2000, as I make a lot of greetings cards, and Publisher is invaluable.

Sea Urchin 09:25 27 May 09

Something to read

click here

Stuartli 09:45 27 May 09

Why not download Open Office 3 from the official website?

click here

Andsome 09:02 30 May 09

Sea Urchin
Wed, [email protected]:25

Andsome

Something to read

Very interesting and certainly worth bearing in mind. However, Office 2000 does all that I want and as I have it, I will stick with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…