Microsoft Word 95 Status Bar

olympian 14:28 18 Feb 04

On starting up MS Word 95, the bottom status bar (above the START button)is found missing despte an reinstall of Windows 95 and Word 95. Is there a box for me to tick/untick the said status bar somewhere on the Word menu bar?
Olympian

Djohn 14:58 18 Feb 04

Tools/options/view/general tab and place a tick in the box, "Show status bar."

olympian 16:11 18 Feb 04

Many thanks for your prompt help. On trying, this works only on Wd98/Me, but not Wd95 where the description Status Bar is nowhere to be found either under the View or General tab. Any suggestion?

Djohn 17:19 18 Feb 04

Sorry olympian. Not sure where else to look. Have you looked at all the tabs from tools/options? in later versions of word it is as you say under the view tab. j.

olympian 12:40 19 Feb 04

My apologies, Djohn, you're right all along. What happened was thus: On Windows 98SE/Me, Word 2000 indeed shows the status Bar box in Tools/Options/View/Show (not at the General tab which shows Background repagination).
On Windows 95-C (Chinese) Word 95-C where the problem occurred after a restall which wiped out some existing settings, the Status Bar is on the right hand side of Show. My error was that I was looking at the left hand side under the word Show, busy to work out the Chinese equivalent of Status Bar. The Chinese name for it is Zhuangtai
Lie (Pinyin transliteration here), and I couldn't find it on the left hand side. Later on, I looked again and spotted what I thought was the Status Bar box in Chinese disguise on the right hand side of Show, and then ticked on it. Bingo!
My many thanks for your expertise and inspiration.
Olympian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…