Microsoft Word

Brian1000 18:05 15 Apr 06

I have just purchased a translation program and in order to translate documents it requires it to be opened in Word and then the contents that require translating to be Highlighted which gives me problem.
I have visited the Word helpline which tells me how to apply highlighting which tells me to click on a icon which I cannot find on my toolbar although I have followed the Help instructions to the letter, but I wonder if my Word program which is 2002 has now been replaced by a later version

VoG II 18:13 15 Apr 06

View > Toolbars, tick Reviewing. You should then see the highlighting tool.

Jackcoms 18:16 15 Apr 06

"I wonder if my Word program which is 2002 has now been replaced by a later version"

Yes it has. Office/Word 2003 is the latest version.

But Word 2002 has its own (basic) translation tool. Highlight the word/phrase to translate and then click Tools; Language; Translate.

terryf 18:21 15 Apr 06

If you know what the icon is, right click on the toolbar which brings up a list of toolbars, at the bottom it says customize, click on this and select the 'commands' tab, in word 2003 the command in the left hand list is research, right click and hold down on this command or any command and drag to anywhere on the toolbar. This is how you customize your toolbars, while customize is alive you can re-order the toolbar icons, add to them, take them away (just drag off the toolbar and release), right click on any icon and edit the icon. Change the look of the icon with a mini paint program built into word.
Apologies if you already knew all this.

Brian1000 18:32 17 Apr 06

Dear Terryf
Many thanks for your valuable assistance,it certainly helped in getting me the highlight tool, but I still have a bit of a problem in highlighting my document that I have scanned in to Microsoft Word and which will not highlight but when I type an ordinary letter this highlights with no trouble at all. Can you possibly tell me what needs to be done with a scanned document.
Once again many thanks for your help

VoG II 18:37 17 Apr 06

Your scanned document will be inserted as a picture in Word and you won't be able to highlight it. You need Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software to convert the scanned image into text. Many scanners come bundled with such software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…