Microsoft Word

seagulls 15:26 29 Nov 05

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have 2 Word documents open side by side so I can read them and make changes without constantly having to maximise or minimise windows? I am running Office XP Standard 2002 version.

bremner 15:29 29 Nov 05

If you have one document open and you click on your Word icon does it not open another instance of Word - because mine certainly does.

Smegs 15:29 29 Nov 05

Yes. Open both documents, at the top right hand side of the page, click the box that looks like a word doc, next to the red X. Do the same to both documents. You should be now able to re-size them.

brambles 15:37 29 Nov 05

There's always more than one way of doing something in Word. The method I use is to open the two files you want to review side by side.

Now RIGHT click on a spare part of the bottom right hand toolbar. Select 'Tile Windows Vertically' from the menu.

It always works for me

Brambles

seagulls 16:45 29 Nov 05

Thanks guys. Problem sorted. Never ceases to amaze me how quickly people come up with the answer and how helpful people are. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…