Microsoft Word 2003

Les 21:03 25 Oct 06

I have a problem which has recently come up regarding the opening of Word.

The program used to open with a single page on screen (with blank areas on each side). For some unknown reason (at least to me!) this has been replaced with a continuous page broken by dotted lines (presumably page breaks).

I believe that the Normal.Dot file is automatically used when opening Word - I have checked this file and find that it is indeed the format that I wish - single page, borders etc.

Nevertheless it still opens with the page occupying the whole screen. Apparently normal.dot is not being used.

Any ideas please?

VoG II 21:08 25 Oct 06

You are in Normal view mode. View > Print layout to get to your previous view.

terryf 21:11 25 Oct 06

As said above. You should open a blank document, change to print view, save it as anything.doc and close the program. Another thing that you could do is to search for normal.dot, open it from the search change to print view and save it.

Les 21:21 25 Oct 06

I'm about to try that, I'll post back with the result

Les 21:38 25 Oct 06

terryf

Problem solved.

Loaded a document (previously saved in the format I need) - removed the contents of page - saved the result as a template 'anything.dot' - closed Word and opened the folder holding the templates - changed the normal.dot as suggested and renamed the anything.dot to normal.dot

Thanks to both for pointing me in the right direction and your prompt replies - much appreciated!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…