microsoft word 2002

dazaar 10:59 19 Sep 03

I have microsoft works 2002. when i try to use the spelling checking in word it defaults to english us and does not check all of the document. it says that the part marked not to be checked has not been done. i change the settings to check all the document and to default to english uk but when i go back into it it has defaulted to us and not to check all the document

Taff36 11:25 19 Sep 03

Two things you might check - firstly that your own computer is set to English UK CONTROL PANEL > REGIONAL & LANGUAGE OPTIONS. Secondly try opening your word template normal.dot (This must be done after starting Word and opening via FILE > OPEN) and checking that the default is set to English UK as you have done before I presume. Close down Word after doing this and accept any changes to the Word Template. The second tip I haven`t tried myself but a colleague swears by it.

The cause of the problem appears to be that the original document was created by someone with their regional settings set to English US. Word recognises the original language selection and adjusts it`s dictionary to suit.

dazaar 11:34 19 Sep 03

The default if i go into word is english uk and spell checker works but if i use the works to type a letter using their templates this is when it goes to us settings

Taff36 12:19 19 Sep 03

Which leads me back to option 2. Opening your normal.dot template. Changing the settings to English UK etc. and saving it. Have you tried this?

dazaar 19:35 19 Sep 03

i have tried this . word on its own accepts this but if you go through the works package it still go's american and as usual microsoft are being their unhelpful self

-pops- 19:41 19 Sep 03

You seem to be using Word and Works and mixing the two. Can you confirm this? If you are using both, why?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…