microsoft word 2000 not working in windows XP

ARTY DAN 17:17 03 Aug 03

I have Microsoft office 2000 with Word I have just installed the Word application on my desktop, nothing else, when I click on the word logo a grey box appears, it has a red disk with
a white x in the middle on the top left hand corner, the message in the box says: this application has failed to start because MSO9.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem I have tried reinstalling it the same message keeps on appearing I don't know if it is because I am trying to run word 2000 on windows XP. Please can anyone help I would appreciate it thank you.

-pops- 17:28 03 Aug 03

Have a look at this click here

Brian

bremner 17:29 03 Aug 03

Microsoft says....

FILE INFORMATION:

Name: mso9.dll Description: Microsoft Office 2000 component Version: 9.0.0.2720 DLLSelfRegister: No TypeLib Guid: {2DF8D04C-5BFA-101B-BDE5-00AA0044DE52} TypeLib Version: 2.1

Click the Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.

In the list of programs, click either Microsoft Outlook 2000 or Microsoft Office 2000, depending on how you installed Outlook.

Click Add/Remove.

After Office Setup begins, click Repair Office.

Click Repair errors in my Office 2000 installation, and then click Finish.

The repair process may take several minutes while Office Setup repairs any damaged or missing files. If you receive a prompt to restart your computer, click Yes

DieSse 19:58 03 Aug 03

Just to confirm the Word2000 runs quite happily on WinXP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…