Microsoft Word

littleian 23:05 30 Jun 04

I have windows xp home, when I Microsoft Works task Launcher and click on Greeting Cards then click on Start this Task the Works Greeting Card Wizard start's When I click on a card nothing happen's, But there is a message in the bottom task bar (Requesting Virus Scan...) I have norton antivirus running and scand the computer with no virus to be found. The macro is set at high I have also tried the low setting with no success and I have the latessed office update the rest of word work's OK

wee eddie 21:10 01 Jul 04

How long have you waited?

littleian 22:47 01 Jul 04

I have waited for 30 min and also scand with Norton antivirus with out no success

THE TERMINATOR 23:49 01 Jul 04

Norton ask's for a scan to scan a program, or part of a program that has not been scanned bofore. Have you done a full scan since installing works? It might be handy to do one....TT

littleian 11:18 02 Jul 04

Thanks for your reply I have three times since I downloaded the up date and when i click on the Works Greeting Cards Birthday Wizard the wizard comes up and in the bottom task bar is the words Requesting Virus Scan... and if I wait nothing happens. PS The wizard works with Microsoft Picture It but that is not the one I want.

THE TERMINATOR 22:43 02 Jul 04

Have you clicked on it to let it do a scan? If you do this I'm sure it wont ask again....TT

littleian 18:21 03 Jul 04

thanks again when i click on the virus scan nothing happens It only goes out when i get rid of the wizard. littleian

THE TERMINATOR 20:38 03 Jul 04

try disabling ENABLE OFFICE PLUGIN in miscellaneous NAV options....TT

littleian 21:39 03 Jul 04

sorry dont know what you mean???

THE TERMINATOR 15:02 04 Jul 04

d\click on your Norton icon in task area.
choose options, and choose miscellaneous.
and disable ENABLE OFFICE PLUG-IN

littleian 18:48 04 Jul 04

Thank you that was the trouble Thanks again. littleian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…