Microsoft Word

Gios 11:06 18 Apr 04

Hi Folks. How I do I delete unwanted documents in Word. I am using XP Pro and Microsoft office.

When click on open file I get a drop down list, but I cant delete them?

Many thanks Rob

Graham ® 11:08 18 Apr 04

You can delete the file. If there are docs in the file you want to keep, save them to another file first.

Forum Editor 11:09 18 Apr 04

from their saved location, but if what you want to do is reduce the number of recently used files from the file menu you'll need to go to tools/options and click the general tab. Then you'll see an option to set the number of documents that will show in the menu list.

VoG II 11:17 18 Apr 04
  Eric10 12:43 18 Apr 04

If you mean that you want to delete an item from the recent documents list that appears at the bottom of the File menu rather than actually deleting the document itself then this can be done from inside Word on an individual basis. Hold down the AltGr key then press the minus (-) key at the top of the keyboard (not the one on the numeric keypad). The cursor will change to a thick horizontal bar. Now open the file menu and click on the item you want to remove. You need to repeat this procedure for each item you want to remove from the list. An alternative key sequence is CTRL + ALT then the minus key.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now