Microsoft word

Mistydi 23:09 29 Mar 04

I used to go into word to write a letter and my address and date would appear. I think it was set through macro. I have lost it now, could someone help me put it back?

VoG II 23:29 29 Mar 04

You seem to have lost a template. Try a search at click here

woodchip 23:34 29 Mar 04

Word macro's are the best way of getting a macro Virus. You would be better turning them of

woodchip 23:35 29 Mar 04

PS it easier to type an Address than remove a Virus

Muckle 23:56 29 Mar 04

You could recreate the template by typing in your address and insert the date, then format it to look right - under file click save as and change 'Save as type' to document template (*.dot), give it an appropriate name and save. then each time you want that set up just go to file, new, general and pick it from the list.
I hope this helps

Mistydi 15:55 03 Apr 04

In Word I used to be able to start a new letter with the correct date and my address already on the page. This was previously set up through Macro. I would go to new letter and press Alt A and bingo there it was. Please can someone tell me how to get it again as it has now stopped!
Mistydi

Eric10 17:07 03 Apr 04

You could try looking under Tools, Macro, Macros to see if you have the macro listed there. You can also run it from here if it exists.

If it's not there and you must have it, then you will need to record or write a new macro to do the job. Word has quite a good Help system and it is very easy to do.

britto 17:17 03 Apr 04

use the tip to create a template with your name ect,then from toolbar insert,date and time,select your choice and tick update automatically,then save as template doc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…