Microsoft Word

Madronwell 01:22 08 Jan 04

What does it mean when I receive a run time error on Microsoft Word 2002? I type stuff up then I lose it all because I keep getting this error. It just won't let me save the recovered file. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling in the hope this may solve it but it doesn't.

Any advice will be greatfully accepted!!!

beeuuem 01:41 08 Jan 04

Try click here
Note the alternative suggestion at the bottom if you don't have Works installed.

Diemmess 10:26 08 Jan 04

A friend had the same error message after typing more than half a page (Word 2000) with that annoying "OK" button, Word would close.

On re-opening Word, most of the previous document was recovered.

I tried deleting Normal.dot without any change. Then uninstalling every trace of Word AND MSWORKS, and re-installing only Word 2000. It glitched once and has behaved ever since.

(The friend is over 80 and I think I have now convinced him that it is worth saving the odd letter now and then! He treated his computer as a typewriter printing 2 copies, saving nothing, though his beloved photo editing is done properly and everything carefully saved!)

Madronwell 21:28 08 Jan 04

Shall give it a go; let's hope I don't get the message again or I am going to chuck Works out the window! Thanks everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…