Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard-batt. condit

Squib 17:02 28 Mar 07

Son sets up new computer, connects my existing wireless mouse and keyboard to it. With previous system I got warning of battery about to fail, now with this lot I don't. Any suggestions to cure this problem, please? Answers in simple terms please, to suit an old twit long past it.CP.

shellship 17:31 28 Mar 07

I'm an old twit too so I have a wireless mouse and keyboard. is the software installed on your new machine or did you/he just connect the mouse and keyboard? Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Pineman100 18:49 28 Mar 07

There's plenty of us old twits around!

I can't help your problem directly, but I can tell you that my wireless keyboard and mouse (Logitech) don't have any kind of low battery warning. But it isn't a problem - if one of them stops working, I replace the batteries and all is well.

I sometimes have to resynchronize with the base station, but that only takes a second.

woodchip 19:02 28 Mar 07

looks like the software as not been loaded for the hardware. Windows is using a Generic driver

Squib 16:39 31 Mar 07

Thanks for replies; I didn't think it would work without the special drivers, I have now something to work on. CP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now