Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000

FatboySlim71 10:06 24 Feb 08

I was wondering if anyone has the Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000 Keyboard and Mouse set and if so is anyone using it with Vista. I can imagine it would be ok with Vista.

Can anyone give me their opinions/experiance with the Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000 Keyboard and Mouse set.

Also. I see that it comes with AA NiMH rechargable batteries for both the keyboard and mouse, I was wondering what the battery life is like and also, if their just normal AA NIMH batteries, I can imagine that the user would be able to replace these with standard AA (NON RECHARABLE) batteries for a longer life?

Any help would be much appreciated.

FatboySlim71 23:07 24 Feb 08

bump

FatboySlim71 18:48 25 Feb 08

bump

FatboySlim71 19:49 26 Feb 08

bump

Sibbo 23:47 14 Mar 08

I've just bought one. Looks great, nice feel to the mouse buttons, and keyboard buttons. I just wish I could get it set up!! If you run Vista, you're supposed to download a small update from Microsoft, prior to installation. I tried that, and it will not go on. The small update reports that it's not for my system, even though I've downloaded the right one.

After that, the drivers for the keyboard/mouse stalled at 80%, and the only way I could get out of it was to re-start my PC. The cursor wouldn't move after that, so I've uninstalled, and tried again, and still getting no joy.

If anybody has a fix, please let me know. Thanks.

FatboySlim71 08:19 15 Mar 08

Sorry I cant be of help Sibbo, I can imagine that if you start your own post with your problem then someone on here may be able to help.

In the end I decided to buy the Enermax Aurora keyboard and the Logitech MX Revolution. I have not had any problems whatsoever with any of them running them with Vista Ultimate. I can highly recommend the above combination. The Enermax Aurora is a lovely keyboard to use, I would go has far as saying its the best keyboard I have ever used.

The Logitech MX Revolution is IMO the best mouse I have used (and I have used plenty). Its full of useful additions/features, but these do not distract from the mouse's fundamental task. For anyone who is interested I wrote a review for the Logitech MX Revolution I will provide the link to it below.

click here

sunny staines 08:49 15 Mar 08

the 8000 set was originally priced about £120, they were not available for ages then appeared at a new price of £200. looks nice gear but now too pricy.

sunny staines 15:40 15 Mar 08

how much did you pay for your 8000 keyboard and mouse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant