microsoft windows_HTA.VIR ??

mercedesjb 01:05 13 Mar 05

after running umpteen clean up programmes i am now getting intermittant blue screen syndrome, and have to run chkdsk/f frequently to get started. however before i was getting the norton alert screen, which has now dissapeared, but instead a window comes up;-
windows cannot open programme - microsoft windows hta.vir would you like to find a programme to open by going on line. when i go on line it says windows does not recognise??

does anyone know what is going on??

bremner 07:49 13 Mar 05

You have the remains of the virus still present. It is clearly looking to run at start up but can not find it's associated program.

At Start > Run type msconfig and look at the 'Startup' tab. Look through the list and see if anything seems to be associated with this message. If it does then remove the tick, restart the machine and see if you get the message.

You could also run CCCleaner click here and / or Regseeker click here to remove redundant registry entries.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…