microsoft windows xp or vista?

butterfly7 13:56 13 Jan 08

hello,

my windows package on my laptop has expired. i need to renew my licence, please can anyone advise me on my best options i.e. shall i go for vista? if i purchase a vista package will that just change the software on my computer or will it also give me my office packages or do i purchase them both seperatly?

please you advise me on my best & most cost effective solution.

Technotiger 13:59 13 Jan 08

What licence? Win XP last for ever, or at least until you change it yourself.

Sea Urchin 14:13 13 Jan 08

As Technotiger says your Windows OS never expires - it just becomes outdated, but that's a different problem. I am curious to know just exactly how you are being informed that your "package has expired".

Devil Fish 14:17 13 Jan 08

your description is a bit sketchy so i hope this is what you are looking for

the operating system license wont expire. If it is a new laptop you may need to activate it.

or is it office that has expired

Office may have expired if it was a pre installed trial version on your laptop in which case you have a choice

you can either purchase a full Microsoft office license

or try a free office suite open office probably being the best of the bunch click here

Technotiger 14:42 13 Jan 08

In any case, as you already have XP, I would strongly advise you you to stay with XP.

I have nothing against Vista (except that I personally don't like it), but IHMO I believe XP will serve you well.

woodchip 14:47 13 Jan 08

Just reading between the lines, I think you mean that XP as been loaded on your computer, but not Activated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac