microsoft windows xp or vista?

butterfly7 13:56 13 Jan 08

hello,

my windows package on my laptop has expired. i need to renew my licence, please can anyone advise me on my best options i.e. shall i go for vista? if i purchase a vista package will that just change the software on my computer or will it also give me my office packages or do i purchase them both seperatly?

please you advise me on my best & most cost effective solution.

Technotiger 13:59 13 Jan 08

What licence? Win XP last for ever, or at least until you change it yourself.

Sea Urchin 14:13 13 Jan 08

As Technotiger says your Windows OS never expires - it just becomes outdated, but that's a different problem. I am curious to know just exactly how you are being informed that your "package has expired".

Devil Fish 14:17 13 Jan 08

your description is a bit sketchy so i hope this is what you are looking for

the operating system license wont expire. If it is a new laptop you may need to activate it.

or is it office that has expired

Office may have expired if it was a pre installed trial version on your laptop in which case you have a choice

you can either purchase a full Microsoft office license

or try a free office suite open office probably being the best of the bunch click here

Technotiger 14:42 13 Jan 08

In any case, as you already have XP, I would strongly advise you you to stay with XP.

I have nothing against Vista (except that I personally don't like it), but IHMO I believe XP will serve you well.

woodchip 14:47 13 Jan 08

Just reading between the lines, I think you mean that XP as been loaded on your computer, but not Activated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…