Microsoft Windows 8

Liza 21:42 PM 19 Oct 12

Hello

A company has said its a good idea to buy it now. Is that true. They are selling it for £45. What would be the price later i.e. after 26th October, I think, when it is published. Liza

Nontek 21:50 PM 19 Oct 12

Personally I do not think it is a good idea to buy Win8 just yet, I prefer to wait a while until the inevitable bugs have been ironed out.

In any case, what's wrong with Win7, only recently released and will be the main OS for some time to come - well IMHO anyway.

D@ve 19:08 PM 20 Oct 12

It will be sold at a reduced price until January 31st 2013, after which it will go up to normal Windows prices.

Have you tried it yet? It is drastically different to Windows 7. I personally don't mind it - I try and stay out of the Modern/Metro interface as much as I can, but that aside I think it's a vast improvement over Windows 7 in many respects. I have a suspicion that the public won't take to it too well though. It will be interesting to see what happens after next week.

Liza 00:00 AM 23 Oct 12

Hello

Thanks to you all, very interesting. I will wait Dave until the end of the week. Liza

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…