Microsoft Windows 8

Liza 19 Oct 12

Hello

A company has said its a good idea to buy it now. Is that true. They are selling it for £45. What would be the price later i.e. after 26th October, I think, when it is published. Liza

Nontek 19 Oct 12

Personally I do not think it is a good idea to buy Win8 just yet, I prefer to wait a while until the inevitable bugs have been ironed out.

In any case, what's wrong with Win7, only recently released and will be the main OS for some time to come - well IMHO anyway.

D@ve 20 Oct 12

It will be sold at a reduced price until January 31st 2013, after which it will go up to normal Windows prices.

Have you tried it yet? It is drastically different to Windows 7. I personally don't mind it - I try and stay out of the Modern/Metro interface as much as I can, but that aside I think it's a vast improvement over Windows 7 in many respects. I have a suspicion that the public won't take to it too well though. It will be interesting to see what happens after next week.

Liza 23 Oct 12

Hello

Thanks to you all, very interesting. I will wait Dave until the end of the week. Liza

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message