MICROSOFT WARNING MESSAGE - XP HOME

Mary-262049 18:23 01 Jan 03
  Mary-262049 18:23 01 Jan 03

Please can someone help. I purchased a new Cybercom computer running XP Home. I tried to download data files which were created on my old computer running ME, the programme was Easy CD Creator 4. My new computer could not read the disc and ever since then I keep getting the following warning message at start up:
DEVICES OR APPLICATIONS DISABLED. "DIRECTCD" WILL CAUSE WINDOWS TO BECOME UNSTABLE. WINDOWS HAS PREVENTED THESE FROM BEING LOADED. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS.
I am not going to download the drivers for this software as I have Nero on the new computer.
HOW CAN I DELETE THIS MESSAGE COMPLETELY???

« Ravin » 19:41 01 Jan 03

i think easy cd creator 4 isn't compatible with windows xp. i ad this same problem with an earlier version.you'll have to get version 5 or above i guess.

rickf 19:54 01 Jan 03

Follow Ravin's advice. Go to Roxio's website and get the various fixes for ecdc4 to work in xp and all would be well again.

DieSse 20:52 01 Jan 03

"Easy CD Creator Version 5.1 is the only version supported under Windows XP."

Straight from the roxio site.

But no matter - XP has it's own built in CD writing facilities (provided by roxio!!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…