MICROSOFT WARNING

NICK ADSL UK 22:44 14 Aug 03

MICROSOFT WARNING

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone just to remind you all that Microsoft have issued a warning on the BBC news this evening that tomorrow this new virus will hit home hard.Do make sure that all your security and virus software is up to date.I have been very busy over the past 48 hours in making sure all the updates are fully current.Do not rely on your automatic update of your software it is best to make sure and update manually.NORTON is what i use and i have been able to get a further update tonight manually.The message from the news tonight is to be careful

click here

Djohn 22:48 14 Aug 03

Thanks for the reminder! j.

TOGGY 22:50 14 Aug 03

Yes many thanks

Tim1964 23:04 14 Aug 03

I am I glad now that I use win98, HeHeHee.

tanzanite 23:16 14 Aug 03

is there a way to check if you have this patch installed,i dloaded a patch on tuesday but is this a new one were talking about here?

NICK ADSL UK 23:23 14 Aug 03

Hi tanzanite providing when you go to the windows update site there are no further updates you should be ok?However you should still make sure your firewall and viris protection is up to date

Jester2K II 23:25 14 Aug 03

tanzanite - Check in Control Panel, Add / Remove Programs.

Its an month old patch.

Look to see if Windows XP Hotfix KB 823980 is installed . If so, then you are covered.

keenan 23:26 14 Aug 03

Get the details click here and disable you can enable once you patched it if you wish, This should keep you safe.

tanzanite 23:31 14 Aug 03

since yesterday i have been trying to get updates but after it scans and i click to update i get the cannot find server page must have tried easy 30 times and i still cant.

tanzanite 23:35 14 Aug 03

yes its there, Phew!

krypt1c 23:42 14 Aug 03

Hi tanzanite. Get yourself a copy of bigfix click here
It takes a 'snapshot' of your system, then will advise you of any availble updates. Any you choose to install are saved as files in one of the bigfix directories in program files > bigfix.
I cut and paste the details of the update and save it, then after downloading save the files in the same directory, then if I every do a clean install I can just run install tham again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…