//some 3rd party need geo

Microsoft VM Update.

OneInAMillion 02:05 30 Apr 06

I regularly go to the Microsoft Update site for the latest updates and normally have no problems. I'm still running Windows 98SE. The Update site identified that I need the "Microsoft VM (816093)" update. The update downloads correctly but half way through the install a dialogue box appears stating "The setup will only upgrade over existing versions of Micosoft VM" and the install terminates. I have checked my version of Microsoft VM and it remains unchanged at 5.0.3809. Microsoft state that it is "Critical" to update to 5.0.3810. In the summer I will upgrade to Windows XP. I have three kids doing exams and my wife is a teacher. The PC is in constant use. I cannot afford any PC downtime for the inevitable problems associated with any upgrade.

remind 02:11 30 Apr 06

Remove your current version and try? Or remove MS VM and install the Sun version of Java instead click here

info ; click here

remind 02:14 30 Apr 06

Or re-download an older version of MSJM in case your current installation is damaged; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…