microsoft visual runtime c++ library error

SOUNDFADER 21:09 19 Jun 04

can anyone help i am being driven bananas by this new game i bought it's desert rats v afrika corps, i installed the game ok but when i click the desktop icon to play it starts to check the cd verification then nothing it just goes back to desktop, i have got win xp running on a athlon xp 2.6mhz chip, 128mb gforce 4000 agp card, 1 gig ddr ram, 120gig maxtor hard drive, soundblaster audigy 5.1 soundcard, all these specs far exceed what the game needs, but this visual runtime error which doesn't always come up i am sure is responsible for my game not working, i even tried the onboard graphics card but same result, the motherboard is an asus a7v8x-mx board. any help greatly appreciated.
thanks

gudgulf 21:14 19 Jun 04

Are all your drivers up-to-date including Directx?

Have you tried the game manufacturers web site? You will often find the answer to problems such as yours in the support section or FAQ's on that site.

gudgulf 21:27 19 Jun 04

Have a look at click here

Particularly the top (FAQ) posting--might be worth signing up and posting there if you are a particular fan of the game,or to get an answer to your specific problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…