Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library has requested this program to close?

theDarkness 17:27 PM 03 Apr 13
Answered

MS Visual C++ runtime library. Where can I find a list of the most common programs that require it? I have 4 versions on this system, from 2005-2012, although some listed are likely updates (showing different versions). For one video conversion program to work the runtime forced the program to close mid conversion. I am wondering what I could try to avoid this error? Should I attempt an uninstall of the earliest versions of visual C++?

lotvic 18:06 PM 03 Apr 13
Answer

Prob best to leave them alone ask-leo.com/do I need these microsoft visual c redistributables

Perhaps the program that was using one had a glitch and it is the program that might need uninstalling and reinstalling?

theDarkness 18:29 PM 03 Apr 13

I think so, I will try an earlier version. The pop up during conversion was 'This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way', so I suppose its the application causing the termination or issue, not the runtime. It could be the videos Im adding in differing formats. I will need to test. Thanks.

theDarkness 20:14 PM 03 Apr 13

i found out it was an issue with the latest beta version of the program and not my system in the end, as you can see here. thanks for the reply :)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay