"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library in "Ability"

AnthonyB 22:49 31 Mar 05

Hello,

I have a trial version of ABILITY office, and am pleased with the functions thus far. However, when I enter the Database, and set up a table, and want to view "Form" or "Report" I get the above error this is it in full:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"

Program: C\program files\Ability Office 4\Abdata.exe

Abnormal program termination.

I run Windows XP PRO, but tried it on my Windows 98 system, and does it there too. Also, when creating a form, I get a very similar error, with;

""This application as requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way."".. Etc

Could it be a software issue, or being extremely new to databases, could I be doing something wrong?

TIA

Anthony

VoG II 23:02 31 Mar 05
  AnthonyB 23:56 31 Mar 05

Hi Vog,

I downloaded the VBRun60.exe package (1.01 meg) installed it, but still get the same errors (as above). Could it be that I didn't install it right? or what else could I have done wrong?

Regards

Anthony

AnthonyB 04:06 01 Apr 05

Thanks VoG™, got it sorted now - your information helped a lot too (and will be good for reference)

Cheers:)

Anthony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…