Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

Skywalker7 20:37 PM 28 Apr 12
Answered

Can someone please explain to me why I have got this programme on my computer?: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. I never downloaded it but I am forever getting updates from Microsoft. Do I need this or not? Chris

lotvic 22:54 PM 28 Apr 12
Answer

It's programming, installed as part of another software program that uses C++ language.

"The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ 2010 SP1 on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2010 SP1 installed." ClickHere

Apparently "If the software that you've installed on your machine needs them ... well, then you need them. If it doesn't, then you might not. But given that they only appear on your machine if software that uses them is present, I would expect that you probably do need them" ClickHere for explanation

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED