Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 .....

TonyV 16:30 PM 18 Jul 11
Answered

I have several versions of the above, nine in fact, installed on my Win 7 64 bit machine. Some versions have a KB number added, others do not but have 9.0.30729.and other numbers added. What is it and can I get rid of them leaving only the latest version, which ever one that may be?

Thanks

TonyV

Housten 19:47 PM 18 Jul 11

TonyV,

If you look on this forum you should spot my query about deleting unwanted programmes and if you look at the replies the answer to your query is there.

TonyV 20:05 PM 18 Jul 11

Housten

I've had a look and see that you deleted all of yours except the latest one. As a matter of interest, how did you determine which was the latest copy? I have Revo Pro uninstaller and it is difficult to see which is the latest one! I also notice mine include some copies that relate to x64 and x86, whatever that means.

It would be nice that if the updates come throu' the Microsoft update facility, the old versions were deleted at the time of the update, but I suppose that is asking too much!!

Thanks

TonyV

birdface 20:21 PM 18 Jul 11

I would leave them in case that they are needed.

I have 10 in add remove using W/7 64bit.

Removing the wrong ones could cause problems so best waiting for other advice.

TonyV 20:32 PM 18 Jul 11
Answer

buteman

Will do.

Thanks

TonyV

Zeppelyn 21:18 PM 18 Jul 11

Leave them alone, although you are running x64 Windows some programs will need the x86 (32 bit)version.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites