Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributable

hiwatt 11:06 23 Jun 08

Hi folks,I've noticed this in my add/remove programs and I'm sure it wasn't there before.I've never noticed it.I know it it's not malicious but is there anything I could have installed that could have installed this with it?It's showing as used rarely.Thanks.

I am Spartacus 11:24 23 Jun 08

Do you have an ATI graphics card and use the Catalyst Control Centre? I think it installs with that.

hiwatt 11:34 23 Jun 08

I don't actually no.Thanks.

So Afraid 11:48 23 Jun 08

I have it as well and after removing it a while back i am 90% certain my logitech kb/mouse stopped working,so i reinstalled it.

hiwatt 11:51 23 Jun 08

I'm probably better just leaving it then.It's just that I'm 99% sure it wasn't any add/remove programs before and I'm wondering how it got there?Thanks.

So Afraid 11:53 23 Jun 08

It could have been another keyboard and mouse i was using at the time,but i do think its connected.

hiwatt 12:22 23 Jun 08

I've just proved my suspicion.I looked at a post on the malware forum where I had a ccleaner unistall list and this wasn't there.Where could this have come from?Should I unistall it?

ste76 12:54 23 Jun 08

Do you have Camtasia or RealPlayer?

just forget I ever posted here if you don't.

hiwatt 13:28 23 Jun 08

I installed real player alternative.Could it have been that,that installed it?I done a system restore to last week and it's gone now.Thanks.

ste76 13:51 23 Jun 08

Yeah it was that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…