Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributable

hiwatt 11:06 23 Jun 08

Hi folks,I've noticed this in my add/remove programs and I'm sure it wasn't there before.I've never noticed it.I know it it's not malicious but is there anything I could have installed that could have installed this with it?It's showing as used rarely.Thanks.

I am Spartacus 11:24 23 Jun 08

Do you have an ATI graphics card and use the Catalyst Control Centre? I think it installs with that.

hiwatt 11:34 23 Jun 08

I don't actually no.Thanks.

So Afraid 11:48 23 Jun 08

I have it as well and after removing it a while back i am 90% certain my logitech kb/mouse stopped working,so i reinstalled it.

hiwatt 11:51 23 Jun 08

I'm probably better just leaving it then.It's just that I'm 99% sure it wasn't any add/remove programs before and I'm wondering how it got there?Thanks.

So Afraid 11:53 23 Jun 08

It could have been another keyboard and mouse i was using at the time,but i do think its connected.

hiwatt 12:22 23 Jun 08

I've just proved my suspicion.I looked at a post on the malware forum where I had a ccleaner unistall list and this wasn't there.Where could this have come from?Should I unistall it?

ste76 12:54 23 Jun 08

Do you have Camtasia or RealPlayer?

just forget I ever posted here if you don't.

hiwatt 13:28 23 Jun 08

I installed real player alternative.Could it have been that,that installed it?I done a system restore to last week and it's gone now.Thanks.

ste76 13:51 23 Jun 08

Yeah it was that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…