Microsoft Updates-Where do they go

CDL 00:59 15 Apr 04

When I download an update from Microsoft,where does it go (before) it's applied ? I can never find them in Temp folders etc.
Being able to make a copy would save a separate download on other machines in the house.

CL

powerless 01:08 15 Apr 04

Order the Windows Security Update CD: click here

hugh-265156 02:05 15 Apr 04

cheers Powerless was looking for that link and could not find it myself.

where is the url to the guide you created Powerless on saving updates to disc?

cannot find it on the link you gave me or via search on win forum??

may help CDL dont be shy :-) top stuff.

hugh-265156 02:28 15 Apr 04

sorry CDL,my posting wasnt very helpful to you at all.

you can download windows updates and burn them to a cdr for future reference then you have them if you ever re install windows.

click here then select "windows update catalogue" bottom left and then "find updates for windows operating systems" select your operating system and language and click search.

a list will be displayed of all the updates for it.

select the ones you want using "add" and when finished click "go to download basket"

when here just click browse and select a folder to save too(not your desktop,as is too long a filename.select a folder on C:)and save them.

then burn to disc.

Powerless has a nice graphical guide to do this which may help you.

CDL 12:48 15 Apr 04

Thanks to the 3 of you !

Got them !

CDL

Stuartli 13:22 15 Apr 04

You'll also find a list of HotFixes actually installed in Add/Remove Programs and System Information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…