Microsoft Updates

Bun 15:34 07 Dec 08

I have a small icon appear which says updates are available (3) if i allow them to be updated it says these three updates cannot loaded. Although it attempts to load them when I turn the computer off and I still find them there when I turn the computer off. Can i get rid of these at all? Ta.

bluto1 18:16 07 Dec 08

If you want to download them open Internet Explorer go to Tools, click on Windows updates and download from there.

Bun 00:23 08 Dec 08

bluto1 it doesn't matter where i choose to start the updates from it will not install them. No 1 is an "Update Microsoft Outlook 2003 Junk Mail File" No 2 is "Office 2003 Service Pack 3" No3 is "Update for Office 2003".

Taff™ 07:50 08 Dec 08

Have you by any chance had to re-install XP or performed a repair install recently? If so check this out. click here

birdface 09:21 08 Dec 08

Like bluto1 said try it manually and when they appear click the plus box beside them and if it says Zero download or 0% download [something like that]tick the box underneath on all 3 Not to show again.And that will stop them appearing all of the time.

Bun 10:12 08 Dec 08

Have tried manual update but two ok but still left with the SP3 pack that will not update. There is no box to tick after advising u the update failed. No taff I have not reinstalled or repaired XP to date.

birdface 10:26 08 Dec 08

SP3 pack .Now I assume that is for Office SP3.So not sure if you would need your Microsoft Office disc for that.Try the Manual update again but do not download it.But click on the plus sign and tick the little square underneath that says don't show update again.And it should not appear again.

Sea Urchin 12:20 08 Dec 08

Could it not be SP3 for Windows XP?

birdface 15:29 08 Dec 08

[Could it not be SP3 for Windows XP?] It could.But I do not remember any updates for it.

Pamy 15:41 08 Dec 08

Bun, do you have "Microsoft Office 20003" installed on your computer?

Bun 17:31 08 Dec 08

Guys and gals, tried again manually and the boxes to tick came on. Ticked the approprite boxes and hey prest as you all thought the naughty update has disappeared. Thank you all for an early xmas pressie it was driving me mad. Merry Xmas to you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…