microsoft updates,

scolley 21:43 18 Jul 07

Hi ALL
as any one solved the update yet i still have the shield icon asking to update and its telling me it as 12 times now and then telling me its not about 8 imes in a row, have looked at a lot of the other threads but being a novice i was thinking as any one found a way thats just strate forward, or are we just to wait for microsoft to sort it, ?

Technotiger 21:49 18 Jul 07

Hmm, I don't know what you mean, my updates are Automatic, no problems here.

scolley 21:58 18 Jul 07

the update kb 928366 that has been playiny up everyone over the lst few weeks and days somthing to do with net 1.1 or another it just keeps asking me to update it and i have auto updates on but the shield is still there asking every time i switch on my comp, ?

brundle 22:30 18 Jul 07

click here the KB928366 file.

Technotiger 22:33 18 Jul 07

Try switching off Auto Update, does it still appear then?

Or, have a look through these, one of which appears to have the answer.

Technotiger 22:34 18 Jul 07
  Press Man 09:17 19 Jul 07

Similar problem here, I uninstalled net 1.1 and 2 from ad/remove progs, rebooted and went to MS update and let it find required updates which it did. All loaded no problems.

cocteau48 09:34 19 Jul 07

Same as Press Man : uninstalled 1,1.1 and 2 and reinstalled all with relevant patches/updates etc from MS update site.
Still have not had a definitive answer as to whether I actually need version 3.0 - or is it just going to compound the headache next time when there is another .NET Framework update from MS?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…