Microsoft updates

carper 10:05 12 Aug 05

Hi can anyone tell me why,when I have Microsoft automatic updates swirched on that I get eight critical updatyes when I click onto Microsoft news letter. Regards carper

mattyc_92 10:12 12 Aug 05

Quote:

when I have Microsoft automatic updates swirched on that I get eight critical updatyes when I click onto Microsoft news letter

End Quote

Sorry, but you have confused me. Can you refraze the question please?

carper 10:19 12 Aug 05

I have my automatic updates switched on in the security centre, I received a Microsoft news letter which suggested that updates were available. I logged onto this and it came up with what it called eight critical updates after it had scanned my computer. Download time 22minutes in dial up. Hope this makes my query clear

mattyc_92 10:29 12 Aug 05

So you mean you have got "Automatic Updates" enabled, but you had to manually update your system?

If that is what you mean, then don't worry.... There was a thread on this the other day. A few people had this problem (including me).

medicine hat 13:18 12 Aug 05

One of my systems, which hasn't been validated yet, also refuses to update manual or auto. Shouldn't worry about it - just keep your firwall on - and keep trying the update

carper 14:27 13 Aug 05

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Automatic Microsoft update is enabled, but when I cvlicked on the following in Microsft updates I received the further eight.

computer

Upgrade to Microsoft Update for Windows updates and more
Microsoft Update offers you everything you get through Windows Update, plus updates for Office and other Microsoft applications, all in one place. The Automatic Update feature is included in Microsoft Update so there is no more guesswork. Keep your computer more secure, up-to-date, and performing at its best with Microsoft Update.

O don't have a problem with validation or anything like that. It just seems strange that other updates exist
Thanks for your interest. carper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017