microsoft updates

happ 07:27 15 Nov 03

I recently down loaded microsoft updates when I
tried to install them I got the message "this
update is not needed on this computer" it sound obvious but what does it mean,it happens on all of them.
Another problem is I keep getting emails containing attachments of these updates sometimes dozens of the same one what`s going on
and how can I stop it.
thanks eric

spider9 07:49 15 Nov 03

Microsoft never send updates as emails.
You have obviously been 'caught' by the recent fake email scam and now have a virus. Try looking thru previous threads on this site to get your solution, and remember NEVER open 'update' emails purporting to be from Microsoft.
I seem to remember removal is not difficult - but some technically adept member would be better to assist you with this. Best of luck

Stuartli 08:36 15 Nov 03

I've had this message when downloading updates from the Microsoft site on occasions - it usually means that you have downloaded one for a different version of your OS or a program's service pack, or similar, which the updates are intended to supplement, is not on your system.

Andsome 08:37 15 Nov 03

Download Spybot Search and Destroy, and run a scan. Afterwards install Spyware Blaster to help such products getting on the computer in the first place. In addition to this, run an online scan to get rid of any viruses, and keep an up to date AV program. click here click here click here

Stuartli 08:41 15 Nov 03

You can get e-mails from Microsoft, but you have had to register for them.

Microsoft never ever sends out unsolicited e-mails and that's the difference.

Its website details how to recognise e-mails it has sent out itself from those purporting to be so.

Re the not for use on your system messages, a simple example is the DUN 1.4 update for Windows 98.

Download the 98 version if you have 98SE and you get the error message and vice versa - download the correct version and installation goes ahead as expected.

palinka 11:03 15 Nov 03

The window that opens when you are caught by this scam is very similar to a MS window, but Microsoft NEVER send unsolicited updates.
Lots of threads in this forum about this subject.
I had help from several people.
You need Stinger to remove it, it's quite easy to do, just follow this link Nachi worm

palinka 11:30 15 Nov 03

Sorry, here's the link.

click here Download it and follow the instructions.
(This advice was given to me in this forum by more knowledgeable people when I had similar problem)

palinka 13:40 15 Nov 03

happ, here's the thread I was looking for. If you follow Jester2KII's instructions it works fine.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…