Microsoft update problem!

Flak999 21:46 11 Dec 09

Anybody else having trouble with this? I am getting this message when trying to access the site:

"Server Error
403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied."

birdface 22:08 11 Dec 09

Try Command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns and the press enter,it should tell you DNS cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it works any better.

birdface 22:12 11 Dec 09

Or maybe try Dial a Fix if using XP.

dogtrack 10:20 12 Dec 09

Had the same problem myself the other day.

I always keep Auto Updates switched off...prefer to do it manualy and have never had a problem in the past.

After failing to find a solution after much searching, I decided to turn Auto Updates on.

Control Panel\ System\Auto updates Tab.

I selected the "notify but dont auto download & install" Radio button. Clicked OK etc and went back to the Windows update in the Start menu.

This time everything worked fine. I then switched it off again after installing and rebooting, the updates link also worked again.

So dont ask me why it happened but all is sweet again !! Hope this works for you. By the way, I am using XP with SP3.

cocteau48 11:10 12 Dec 09

I also had this problem a few weeks ago when accessing the MS update site via my saved bookmark.

I googled for the site and accessed it via a fresh link and all was OK.

Since then the saved link has also worked OK.

Flak999 20:51 12 Dec 09

Situation has resolved itself on its own, so must have been a microsoft problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…