Microsoft trial on laptop

E J Thribb 16:00 27 Nov 08

Hello. I bought my new laptop last week, my previous one had lasted 5 years so I'm a little out of touch with new machinery.

I have a 60 day trial of microsoft built into this new purchase, I want to use word and excel, but other than that, I only really need internet and email. Do i really have to buy the whole of microsoft office after my trial expires? Hasn't Bill got enough inhalers and model aircraft that he needs my cash? What are the options for free versions of Word and Excel? What will happen after the trial ends?

Yours expectantly

E J Thribb 16:04 27 Nov 08

I just published this thread and I should have given it a far more exciting subject title. Who would click on this thread? Apologies

'Microsoft Trial on laptop......' how boring. More exciting thread titles as welcome as technical help.

Pine Man 16:09 27 Nov 08

Just uninstall it and load Open Office. It's free and does virtually the same thing as Microsoft Office.

Pineman100 18:45 27 Nov 08

Just a follow-on from my dad's post. ;o)

click here

I use Open Office. I've yet to find anything that MS Office does that's missing from it (probably a few high-end features that I wouldn't use anyway). It will open MS Office files, and you can save OO files as MS Office files if you need to.

All for free!

iscanut 19:21 27 Nov 08

Don't bother with the trial and trying to learn the features of the new Word & Excel..just do as the Pine family recommend and install Open Office 3.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5