Microsoft Sidewinder Gamepad

OK Computer 09:42 05 Jun 03

I have a Mircosoft Sidewinder Gamepad that I cannot get to be recognised in Windows XP Professional.

It has a serial connection (if that is the correct name - standard game port) not a usb connection.

The pad is the same as the following click here but NOT usb.

I have it plugged into the gameport on my Soundblaster Live 1024 (which is working correctly). The gamepad does not show up in control panel>joysticks (or whatever it is in XP - cant remember) and there is no sign of it in Device Manager. There are no conflicts in device manager and both my onboard gameport (which i have already tried it in) and my soundblaster gameports are working fine without conflict.

I think I need to download some drivers which might make XP see the gamepad but I cannot find any, only those for the usb pad.

Help please!

Pilch.... 11:40 05 Jun 03

Sometimes you also need to go through add new hard ware wizard to make it work.

OK Computer 11:50 05 Jun 03

I have attempted the Add New Hardware Wizard and it discovered nothing.

I know I have had it working under XP before I re-installed my PC but I cant find the drivers.

I would be happy to try Win2k drivers but wouldnt know where they are either

OK Computer 09:46 06 Jun 03

found out the cure. when you add a new gamepad there is a microsoft sidewinder autodetect option!

how good is XP!?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…