//some 3rd party need geo

Microsoft Sharepoint Portal

cornwall 09:24 30 Sep 05

Hi - if anyone out there can help me it would be much appreciated

I have set up a sharepoint server, but every time I try to open a page, I get the following error:-

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: web.config Line: 9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Everything I've read seems to point towards an error along the lines of:-
Ensure the virtual directory is configured as an application in IIS.

This has definitely been done in this instance

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Thx

Gary

Taran 09:41 30 Sep 05

Open up IIS manager.

Right click on the web root in the directory list and left click Properties.

On the Directory tab of the Properties pop-up, click the Create button about half way down on the right side of the page.

Click Apply.

Click OK.

Try restarting IIS.

Forgive me if you've done this already, but sometimes it's all it needs.

If your site has any subdirectories with web.config files in them make sure they have no reference to authentication or session states. If they do, you have to use the same process as above to make the subdirectory into an application or point the main web root web.config file to the location of the authentication or session state instructions.

Try hitting that 'Create' button. If I had a pound for every time I forgot to do that before trying to browse my .NET sites...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…