Microsoft shared files are deleting by themselves

mrs m 14:52 03 Nov 06

Has anyone ever come across Microsoft office shared files deleting themselves. As soon as they are restored from the backup they are deleting again.
We have swapped the router, the cabling even the server but the problem has happened again Help someone please

De Marcus™ 14:57 03 Nov 06

Is your router setup secure?

mrs m 15:00 03 Nov 06

yes there is no outside access at all

mrs m 15:25 03 Nov 06

Has anyone any idea as i am desperate. The server on a stand alone does not delete but as soon as users are added to the server the files delete. We have tried one at a time and just when you think youve found the pc causing it, and disconnect them from the network another seems to delete everything. We tried restricting the shared files to a couple of users and it still ocurred so now were down to one which seems to be fine at present but is no good as we all need to access the files to work. Its hard to cure something when you don't know what your up against

ACOLYTE 15:28 03 Nov 06

It would seem to me that it is the other users pc's that have a setting's problem if you have got to 1 pc and it works fine try checking the settings on that pc are the same as all the others,a long process i know but might be a way to go.

mrs m 15:33 03 Nov 06

thanks for your response. The pcs are all set up the same. Its a mind blower and we just cannot figure out the cause. Surely settings on a pc cannot be set to delete everything at any given time?!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now