Microsoft service pack 2 issue

fedex1969 16:35 05 Oct 13

Hello again guys, Hopefully a simple problem I'd like help to resolve. I've been trying a number of times to install the service pack 2 for microsoft office 2010 but always flags up as failed. It asks to enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'SingleImageWW.msi' in the box below. I've looked online to no avail. I'm running windows vista, if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance. Tobi

jaywoo 13:33 06 Oct 13

You could try this; click here do a repair install then try installing the service pack.

Repair install how-to; click here discussion here about it too, with various ways to tackle the problem;

click here

Or Long

jaywoo 13:34 06 Oct 13

Formatting made a mess of that post, but you get the idea!

fedex1969 14:35 06 Oct 13

Jaywoo, Thanks for the response, but unfortunately I had no luck with any of the fixes. I would very much appreciate anymore advice from anyone as this is starting to get right on my t*s. Thanks again.

andrewdsampson 10:09 07 Nov 13

I've got the same problem, have you fixed yours yet?!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:15 07 Nov 13

It can't read the disk of drive or folder where the update file is located.

copy the file to another folder on yor hard drive and try installing from there.

andrewdsampson 14:38 07 Nov 13

On further inspection it looks like it is already installed - my Office version number exceeds the SP2 version. I've just marked it to be ignored...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…