Microsoft Security update(Q817287)

krizz 12:30 30 Apr 03

The above update downloads but will not install,I am running XP Home can anyone help please.

VoG™ 23:27 30 Apr 03

^BUMP^ to top of board.

Lozzy 07:08 01 May 03

Try disabling your AV and Firewall (if you have them) when downloading. It may help. Many times non installation is caused by intermittent spikes in the internet connection so keep trying it. Its taken me 3 attempts some times..

kenlen 23:40 01 May 03

Installed update and was unable to use Outlook as it did not log onto providers. Went back to before
installation and everything was OK. Tried again a few days later, same result. Am running ME, anyone got a solution, or is it yet another MS duff update?

hugh-265156 00:39 02 May 03

is this the update? (817287) - Microsoft has released an update that corrects the problems described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles: 817713 Long Pause When You Try to Start LIVE TV from My TV 817713 Long Pause When You Try to Start LIVE TV from My TV 817753... if so it recommends: Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
del /q "%SystemRoot%\System32\Catroot2\Edb.log

before you try this if your having problems with all windows updates not downloading make sure cryptographic services is set to auto in services as this will stop updaates from installing.

hugh-265156 00:41 02 May 03

sorry forgot to say for the services change to take effect you need to restart.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…